Wednesday, September 06, 2006

End of an era


This Saturday sees the closure of this Roches Stores shop in Wilton Shopping Centre. I go there for lunch sometimes and have been watching the shop slowly run out of stock and it's sad to see. Roches Stores have been around all my life and they remind me of going on holidays - I always seem to go there to stock up on the holiday essentials.

Marks & Spencers will be taking over two of their stores (Wilton being one) and Debenhams are taking over the rest. Let's hope their sales are as good.

The supermarket (SuperValu) had a half price sale today so I went straight for the wine - GONE. Then to the washing powders etc - GONE. I eventually came away with some nice cheese and multi-vitamins! Dinner was interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is terrible to think of a great store running out of stock. On the subject of running - how is that going?

willison said...

Backwards!