Thursday, September 28, 2006

Wedding poem

I remember as a young lad asking my teacher how you would go about becoming a poet. She told me to go home, take all my clothes off and stand close to a roaring fire until my "Rabbie" Burns!

you all know by now that myself and Kay are getting married in December and the day can't come quick enough. I thought I'd pen a tribute to my beautiful Irish girl (in a Burns style).

My Bonny Lass

My darlin' Kay, my bonny lass
I'd ne'er let a day go past
Wi'oot your face upon mine eyes
and on your love my sun does rise

My sweetest girl, my heart, my life
And soon tae be my darlin' wife
My very soul belongs to thee
And all my whole I give tae ye

We'll walk together for all our days
We two as one in every way
Oor lives entwined, nae man can sever
You and me, now and forever

So darlin' Kay, I ken your mine
My precious rose, my sweetest wine
Oor love so strong, knows no defeat
With you my life at last complete.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAH!

Anonymous said...

(Wipes tear from eye) That's lovely.