Sunday, October 29, 2006

A little something for halloween

I woke up in a cold, cold sweat
Malevolence pervaded the atmosphere
My heart was pounding. My nerves afire
“Something evil is coming here!”

I tried to follow my same routine
Shower, shave, head off to work
But my hands were shaking, a nervous wreck
My self-control coming unstuck

Somehow I made it through the day
I can’t believe I didn’t crack
Jumping at shadows, and trembling legs
I thought I’d have a heart attack

Returning home felt like a trip to hell
I could feel its presence in every room
My heart leapt as my doorbell rang
The sound of my impending doom

I approached the door like the condemned man
I could feel the evil, the foulness, the WRONG!
And there it stood in front of me
“Hello mum, are you staying long?”




Sorry Mum!

2 comments:

The Lowe said...

Or was it just someone dressed up as your Mum?
Was there something about the ancients celebrating Samhain dressing up as their mothers-in-law? Or is that another holiday?

SoloAcoustic said...

Well it could have been a child dressed up as your mum......they would be about the same height!!!!!